Trench silo constructed in the summer of 1955. Dimensions: six feet deep, fourteen feet wide at bottom, sixteen feet wide at top, and seventy-five feet long. Filled with corn and sorghum and covered with sheet of water-proof paper, ground limestone and sawdust.
One in a series of photographs of agricultural activities in Cannon County, TN that were taken by W.L. Clement, District Conservationist for the U.S. Soil Conservation Service, and his assistants between the mid-1940s and mid-1970s.
People in Photograph
[Ike Bryson and son]
Photographs of W.L. Clement, U.S. Soil Conservation Service
Cannon County (Tenn.)
Soil Conservation District or Watershed
TN-SCD-19; Stones River
Approx. 4.5" x 4"
Publication of the United States government. Not copyrighted
Conditions for use
May be freely reproduced. Please credit the original photograph to: United States Soil Conservation Service. Credit the source of the digital item to: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University.
Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University